CVM History Exhibits,, number 06
MetadataShow full item record
Dr. Gregory was admitted to membership in the Texas Veterinary Medical Association in 1909. He practiced veterinary medicine in Arlington from 1906 to 1950. At the June 14th, 1917 meeting held in Fort Worth, Texas Dr. W. G. Gregory was elected as first vice president of the State Veterinary Medical Association of Texas. This horse and buggy image was print in the publication of, "A Special Kind of Doctor: A History of Veterinary Medicine in Texas"; and was furnished courtesy of Dr. Charles L. Boyd. William Greer Gregory was the third child born of Isabelle Ramsay Gregory and Marcus L. Greory of Sumner Co., Tennesee on May 2, 1875. His older brothers Louis Edward and James Monroe Gregory also were practicing veterinarians. Dr. J. M. Gregory practiced in the Arlingtion, Grand Prairie, Burleson, Birdville, Irving and surrounding commuities near the Dallas- Ft. Worth area. Dr. William Gregory died in March 1950 in Tarrant County, Texas only two months before the death of his brother Dr. James Gregory.
DescriptionPart of a History Exhibit for the College of Veterinary Medicine; Ambulatory vehicle in the 1800's. Physical description: color prints (photographs), 9X12.5mm, with negative
College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical SciencesCVM History Exhibits,, number 06. Available electronically from