CVM History Exhibits, number 04
MetadataShow full item record
This plank-roofed barn was used for Texas Fever preimmunization around 1910. "The f irst of the four barns was built at the "foot-hill" and was known as the "plank-roofed " barn. This barn had served the immediate need for housing the experimental animals during the early part of Francis' experiments with Texas fever. It had a roof of 1 x 12 planks, a 10-foot driveway down the middle with 10 x 10 stalls on either side and was about 60 feet long. No record has been found as to when this barn was constructed, but inquiry among graduates of the college who had classes under Francis in the late 1890's place it as early as 1895 and perhaps earlier. With many repairs and some alterations and additions, this barn survived until 1953 when it was demolished during the fourth move of the veterinary hospital to its present location west of the railroad tracks on Farm Highway 60." See origninal image 0046.
DescriptionPart of a History Exhibit for the College of Veterinary Medicine; Men hold cattle infront of a plank-roofed barn that was used for Texas Fever preimmunizations around 1910. Physical description: color prints (photographs), 9X12.5mm, with negative
Babesiosis in cattle
College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical SciencesCVM History Exhibits, number 04. Available electronically from