Home of the Grandparents of Mark Francis- Reverse Side
MetadataShow full item record
This Ebay purchase was made by librarian Trenton Boyd and donated to the Medical Sciences Library. It is noted that historically, the predominate Welsh community originally known as New London was renamed Shandon, and also referred by locals as "Paddy's Run" Ohio. Vaughan House or the John Vaughan House, also known as the Vaughan-Francis House, 3756 Hamilton-New London Road, Shandon, was built between 1814-1815 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. …. "Vaughan's wife Mary died in 1805 after the birth of their son, William. ….. Vaughan's son William married Mary Bebb, daughter of Edward and Margaret Bebb, in 1824. William Vaughan was the first postmaster of Paddy's Run, and the house served as the post office from 1831 to 1847. Martha Ann Vaughan (1832-1905), the daughter of William and Mary Vaughan, married Abner Francis (1829-1894) in 1852. He was the grandson of David Francis (1772-1848) and Mary Rowland (1774-1852) who were among the first group of Welsh settlers to settle Shandon in 1795. Abner Francis was the father of Mark Francis, who was the first Dean of what is now known as Texas A&M University, College of Veterinary Medicine and BioMedical Sciences. The house has remained in the Vaughan-Francis family to the present time." says the undated OHPO (Ohio Historic Preservation Office) web site.
DescriptionOriginal photo of the home of William and Mary Vaughan, Grandparents of famous college station Texas A&M professor Mark Francis. William Vaushan was also the first post master of Paddy's Run. Physical description: black-and -white print (photograph), 10X12.5mm (Cabinet Photo)
College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical SciencesHome of the Grandparents of Mark Francis- Reverse Side. Available electronically from