Francis Hall, number 4
MetadataShow full item record
Francis Hall built in 1918 and in use until circa 1933, was the first permanent home of the School of Veterinary Medicine after the inception in 1916. "An appropriation of $125,000.00 for this new building was requested of the legislature and passed in the first called session of the 33rd legislature in 1913, but Governor 0. B. Colquitt vetoed it. The college authorities repeated their request for a like appropriation of the 34th legislature in 1915. The request was again granted by the legislature in the first called session in 1915 for a veterinary building and equipment to become available for August 31, 1917, and this time was signed by Governor James E. Ferguson. ....There was no dissecting room for the study of anatomy provided in Francis Hall. For this purpose the old bath house, a one-story red brick building approximately 35 x 60 feet, located just northwest and about in the middle of what is now Nagle Street was remodeled. This served until the new anatomy building was erected in 1933 at the foothill just northwest of the third veterinary hospital."
DescriptionVeterinary Sciences building, later known as Francis Hall. Writing on the photo or group of photos: '' Physical description: Black and white print (photograph) three photos: 16x21.5mm mounted to cardboard (torn); 11x15.5mm in media resource cvm mounted frame; copy mounted and lamentated 14x23mm..
College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical SciencesFrancis Hall, number 4. Available electronically from