Show simple item record

dc.coverage.spatialCollege Station, Texas
dc.coverage.temporalbetween 1902 and 1908en
dc.date.accessioned2017-08-24T22:05:09Z
dc.date.available2017-08-24T22:05:09Z
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1969.1/161729
dc.descriptionExterior of Old Chemisty and Veterinary Science Building. What is now Cushing Memorial Library. Writing on the photo or group of photos: 'J.E. or Z.E. 2X2 1/2 …. Tex experiment Station O&D bills… Mail to Dr. M. Francis, college Station Tex. 6.50 ' Physical description: Black and white print (photograph) 15.5x20.5mm; mounted to board, aged with staining or dirt.en
dc.description.abstract"The Chemistry and Veterinary Science building was erected in 1902 in which the department of veterinary science occupied all but one Laboratory of the first floor. The teaching activites of the department were now carried on in this building, while the barns at the "foot-hill" continued to serve research activities in the experiment station. Also allotted to the research activities was a Laboratory about 14X40 feet located on the second floor of the Chemistry and Veterinary Science building and which could only be reached by a narrow, steep stairway from the dissecting room. This isolated Laboratory was used for veterinary research activities until Francis Hall was competed in early 1918. "en
dc.relation.ispartofCollege of Veterinary Medicine Image Collectionen
dc.relation.isversionofThis Image Pre-dates Print on Line 16en
dc.relation.isreferencedbySchmidt, Hubert. "Eighty Years of Veterinary Medicine at the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas: A brief history of the school of veterinary medicine …..1878-1958" College Archives AMC of Texas, 1958. pg.7.en
dc.rightsIt is the user’s responsibility to secure permission from the copyright holders for publication or re-use of any materials. Permission must be obtained in writing prior to publication.  Please contact the Medical Sciences Library for further information.en
dc.subjectHistoric buildingsen
dc.subjectVeterinary collegesen
dc.subjectVeterinary Scienceen
dc.subjectChemistry and Veterinary Science Buildingen
dc.subjectVeterinary medicine-historyen
dc.subjectLaboratoriesen
dc.subject.meshSchools, Veterinaryen
dc.titleChemisty and Veterinary Science Building, number 1en
dc.contributor.sponsorCollege of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
dc.type.materialImageen


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record