Group Photograph, number 2
Located on the corner of Spence and Roberts Streets this was the second building used as a veterinary hospital. It was built in 1908 and had a central 36X36 foot clinic room, eight box stalls, four tie stalls, an office, feed room, janitors room and hay loft. The east wing of this building later became the anti-hop cholera serum Laboratory until a brick serum lab was built in about 1917. This hospital soon became to small and was enlarged twice by adding more clinic rooms.
DescriptionGroup photo of a meeting of some importance. Possibly an Annual Meeting of the State Veterinary Association posing outside the old wood framed Veterinary Hospital. Writing on the photo or group of photos: 'A & M college Studio. College Sta. Tex. 6/29 - 1929.' Physical description: Black and white print (photograph) 17.5x28mm.
Veterinary Teaching Hospital
Associations, institutions, etc.--Membership
Texas Veterinary Association
A&M College Studio (1929). Group Photograph, number 2. Available electronically from