Cadet and Horse, number 2
MetadataShow full item record
The Corps of Cadets mounted unit is a horse combat unit consisting of cavalry, artillery and quartermaster elements. Millitary training at A&M included mounted drill until 1943, when the Army disbanded its horse operations. The Cavalry tradition was revived at A&M by the Class of 1974. At that time the unit was named after the 1974 Commandant of the Corps of Cadets, Colonel Thomas R. Parsons. The Parsons Mounted Cavalry, PMC provides military horse training that is used to teach a cadet self-discipline, confidence, leadership, and decision-making. Learning to manage an animal much larger than themselves with a mind of its own in challenging conditions develops many of the skills necessary for modern business and military leaders. As of 2017 there are 90 cadets and 50 horses in this unit.
DescriptionCadet gives horse a bite of the apple. There are three images of this set found in an envelope addressed to Dr. Adams with a return address of TAMU, Office of the Commandant; and a businees card for Gary C. Drost, Lt. Col. USAF (Ret.), Cadet Training Officer. Physical description: color prints (photographs)10X15mm; poor quality
Cavalry drill and tactics
Parsons Mounted Cavalry
Corps of Cadets
College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical SciencesCadet and Horse, number 2. Available electronically from