Hog Cholera Serum Production, number 7
MetadataShow full item record
"Another veterinary hospital was built in 1908, located on what is now the corner of Spence and Roberts streets at the east end of the present new engineering building. A year later when the east wing became the anti-hog cholera serum Laboratory. This space was used for that purpose until 1917 when a new anti-hog cholera serum Laboratory was constructed on what is now the corener of Roberts and Bizzell streets. "
DescriptionMan sits on a stool near a rolling hospital table with a hog in a wooden crate. He is holding a tube attached to a bottle and the hogs tail. Writing on the photo or group of photos: 'College Station, Tx. 1916. collecting blood for a hyperimmune pig. The pig is bleed brom the tail into an ordinary milk bottle. ' Physical description: Black and white print (photograph) 13x18mm, with typed caption on reverse.
Swine-Equipment and supplies
College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical SciencesHog Cholera Serum Production, number 7. Available electronically from