21st Annual Meeting of the Texas Veterinary Association
Located on the corner of Spence and Roberts Streets this was the second building used as a veterinary hospital. It was built in 1908 and had a central 36X36 foot clinic room, eight box stalls, four tie stalls, an office, feed room, janitors room and hay loft. The east wing of this building later became the anti-hop cholera serum Laboratory until a brick serum lab was built in about 1917. This hospital soon became to small and was enlarged twice by adding more clinic rooms.
DescriptionThis group of men represent the Texas State Veterinary Association at there 21st anuual meeting held in June of 1931. They are standing outside the 1908 Veterinary Hospital. Dr. Mark Frances is standing in the front row, the fourth person from the right in a light colored suit and dark tie with his hat in his right hand at his side. Writing on the photo or group of photos: '21st Annual Meeting State Veterinary Assoc. College St. Tex. June 1st to 5th, 1931. Joe Sosolik. ' Physical description: Black and white print (photograph) 17.5x28mm.
Veterinary Teaching Hospital
Associations, institutions, etc.--Membership
Texas Veterinary Association
Sosolik, Joe (1931). 21st Annual Meeting of the Texas Veterinary Association. Available electronically from